If you love to eat fish, we have good news for you. Sustainable tastes better.
Browse through these exciting recipes for culinary inspiration. Our list features sustainable seafood that is abundant, caught or raised in an environmentally friendly manner and low in mercury.
Be sure to check out the delicious recipes from this year’s Best of the West Chowderfest.
View culinary substitutions for over-exploited species
- Swordfish with Fruit Salsa – From SAVOR. . .
- Grilled California Spiny Lobster with Herb Salad – From Fisherman Steve Escobar
- California Halibut and Ghost Chili Ceviche – From Chef Michael Poompan of SIP Lounge at the Renaissance, Long Beach
- California Uni Pizza – From Fisherman Stephanie Mutz of Sea Stephanie Fish
- Grilled Yellowtail with Soy Shiitake Mushroom Glaze – From Chef Peter Lehmar at Gladstone’s Long Beach
- Rockish with Cilantro Rice – From SAVOR. . .
- Rock Crab cakes – From Fisherman Steve Escobar
Best of the West Chowderfest 2013
- Mussel Chowder – From Chef Peter Lehmar of Gladstone’s Long Beach, featuring Carlsbad Aquafarm mussels
- Lobster Bisque – From Chef Brian Hirsty of Bluewater Grill
- Dungeness Crab Chowder – From Chef Robin Higa of Market Broiler
Quick & Easy
- Roasted Oysters with Sweet Tomato Relish
- Dungeness Crab Salad with Apple and Avocado
- Ceviche – Chef Art Gonzalez/Roe. Restaurant & Fish Market
- Passion Fruit Rockfish Ceviche – Chef Brandi Quinn/SAVOR…
For the Family
- Wild Pacific Albacore Tuna “Melt” – Chef Andrew Gruel/SlapFish
Impress Your Guests
- Luau Skewers with Pacific Common Thresher Shark
- Lemongrass Marinated Sablefish w/Keffir Lime Gremolata – Chef Paul Buchanan/Primal Alchemy
- Cumin Spiced Barramundi w/Grilled Pineapple Salsa – SAVOR…